Overview: Potipot Island is located roughly 1 km from the mainland shore of Uacon, Candelaria, Zambales. It is also called ” Little Boracay of the North”. Barangay Uacon is approx. 255 kms north of Manila.
How To Get There
By Private Vehicle :
2. Travel all the SCTEx till Tipo Exit, passing through Subic Bay Metropolitan Authority (SBMA) and on to Subic Town.
3. Take the National Road where in you will pass the towns of Castillejos, San Marcelino, San Narciso, San Felipe, Cabangan, Botolan, Iba, Paluig and Masinloc before reaching Candelaria. You can easily ask for the directions/suggestions for accommodation.
By Public Transportation:
1.Take a Victory Liner Bus from Monumento – Sta. Cruz, Zambales. It will take approx 7 hours and will pass thru Candelaria Zambales . Tell the driver to drop you at Uacon (pronounce- Wacon) Barangay Hall. or at Sta. Cruz Market (if you still need to buy things and other stuffs needed for your getaway /reminder, these market is about 30 mins away from the jump off point,not recommended ).
2.From Uacon Barangay Hall, take a tricycle going to the jump-off point ( approx 10 mins), we chose Dawal Resort.
3.The boat travels about 10 mins from the mainland to Potipot Island, the sea is mostly calm, it is a very relaxing ride.
Expenses / Fees:
1. Bus fare(Monumento-Candelaria, Zambales) – P451.00/ way/pax
2. Tricycle (Uacon Brgy Hall – Dawal Resort) – P50/way
3. Boat (mainland-Potipot) – P300/roundtrip/max 6 pax
4. Entrance Fee (day trip)-P100 / (overnight)-P300
5. Tent – P300(good for 2 pax) or
Cottage – P1,500 (good for 15 pax)
Total Expenses (group of 6 /overnight/tent)
(trike P50/3=P17) (Boat P300/6=P50) (tent P300/2 = P150)
= P1,417 + food and other expenses
Total Expenses Solo : P1,852 + food and other expenses